NEW EVENT!! CD DANCE PARTY Fri, Oct 7th @ Phillips!!!!!

From: jencart (jencart@MYCIDCO.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 06:24:09 CDT

    Calling ALL Dancers!

    NEW EVENT!!! CD DANCE PARTY is FRI, OCT 7th..... 3 DAYS AWAY!!!

    If you think dancing is just about the most FUN there is, this evening is for YOU!!!

    THE FIRST HALF OF THE EVENING will include:

    *a zydeco line dance

    *some FUN, easy couple dance mixers

    *2 workshops: Polka; and Couple Dancing to Contra Dance Music -- 4-count swing and Norwegian polka

    *plenty of time for trouble-shooting, practice, and review

    THE SECOND HALF OF THE EVENING will be Open Dancing to requests.

    *Bring your suggestions and CDs.... or dance to ours!

    *We'll provide a variety of music -- waltz, swing, blues, salsa, cajun, zydeco, tango... even hambo and schottiche.

    *Please plan to demo your favorite dance style for us, if you wish. We'd LOVE it!!

    MORE GREAT DANCE PARTY STUFF, guaranteed!

    *Munchies throughout the evening....

    *Fun and friendly people

    *AC ..... and sprung wood dance floor

    *Convenient parking

    DETAILS --

    *Our CD Dance Party is 8-11p on Friday, October 7th @ Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W. Stoughton, Urbana, IL

    *$5. donation @ the door, with a FREE pass to a UCD contra dance for all our new dance friends.

    *All ages. No partner or experience necessary.

    *We welcome dance flyers and e-mail sign-up sheets from other dance groups.

    *More CD Dance Party info @ 352-2803

    *More UCD/Contra Dance info @ www.prairienet.org/contra/