"Dancing With The Stars" premiers tomorrow on ABC!

From: Charles Smith (charlessmith702210@SBCGLOBAL.NET)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 10:56:48 CDT

    Hello, Dancing Illini! I hope that you enjoyed the first DI Alumni Reunion.

    But I had found out almost too late about perhaps the most exciting dancesport TV series
    that is going to happen this summer. And fortunately...you don't need to have cable or
    satellite to see this. It is going to be on broadcast TV!!!!

    You may have heard the promos. You may have heard the advertisements. Now it is going to
    be happening----"Dancing With The Stars" this Wednesday on ABC.

    This program, which features a dancesport-like atmosphere in the form of the recent TV
    reality shows like "American Idol", is probably going to be the best dancesport program on
    American broadcast television this year. "Dancing With The Stars" was based on a similar TV program in England--now
    imported to the United States.

    In this 6-week program, 6 TV celebrities were paired up with professional ballroom dancers,
    who will compete in a live program on a big dance floor, under several dance judges as well as the audience, who will also participate in the judging (unlike regular dancesport events). One-by-one, dance couples who do not show their best after 2 weeks into the TV program are out
    of the competition. One-by-one, they are eliminated until 2 couples remain, to do a spectacular
    dance-off in the final round, to see who is going to be America's favorite dance couple.

    One of the celebrities paired up with professional ballroom dancers is Evander Holyfield, who was a heavyweight champion boxer. I really want to see if he has the best dancesport chops
    for him and his dance partner to go to the final rounds. I will truly root for Evander.

    I am going to love this program. I hope that you are going to love this program too!

    Charles Joseph Smith
    (Alumnus of the Dancing Illini)