Apr 1-3: Tango Weekend with Brigitta Winkler

From: Ron & Susana Weigel (TangoSociety@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 11:38:25 CST

    The Tango Society of Central Illinois is pleased to host a weekend of tango
    workshops with Brigitta Winkler, one of most respected tango instructors
    worldwide. Brigitta has been teaching tango for 25 years, even before the tango
    revival of the mid-1980s. She started the tango community in Berlin, the first and
    still the largest tango community outside Argentina. Because of her knowledge
    and teaching expertise Brigitta is in demand as a tango instructor worldwide
    at tango festivals and nearly every weekend in numerous cities around the US
    as she tours the US about six months every year.

    Despite the international acclaim she has received, Brigitta is a very
    accessible person with a charming personality. Her workshops are a lot of fun, often
    involving games where students learn various aspects of tango by partaking in
    exercises that bring students to their learning goal in a very enjoyable way.
    She is a very unique instructor, focusing on body awareness as a means to
    learning and improving your tango. Because of her clear communicative style, she
    can communicate simultaneously to dancers at all levels, making the complex
    simpler for beginners, and revealing to advanced dancers the richness of
    deceptively simpler aspects of tango.

    So we invite you to join us for a fun weekend of tango with Brigitta Winkler.
    Brigitta will teach the milonguero style of tango, the social style of tango
    danced in the milongas of Buenos Aires.

    Details are available on our web page:

    http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInstruction/BrigittaWinklerApr05.htm

    For beginners, we would like to make you aware of our Beginner Pass ($40, $30
    for students), including the following:

    (1) Friday 8 PM workshop "Introduction to Tango in Close Embrace"
    (2) Friday 9:30 PM - 1 AM: MILONGA (social dancing)
    (3) Saturday 1:30 PM workshop "Enhancing the Close Embrace"
    (4) Saturday 3 PM workshop "Exploring Tango Musicality"

    There is also a milonga Saturday evening ($7) with more advanced workshops
    Saturday evening before the milonga and on Sunday afternoon.

    Friday and Sunday activities will be at the Refinery Annex, 502 S Kenwood,
    Champaign.
    Saturday activities will be at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W
    Stoughton, Urbana.

    Our tango weekends attract a lot of people from out-of-town, so we are
    expecting a nice interesting mix of people to meet and dance with.

    Brigitta Winkler's visit to Champaign-Urbana is an opportunity not to be
    missed. Because she is expanding her tango studio in Berlin, she will be traveling
    in the US less frequently in the near future, so now is the time to see her.

    We look forward to seeing you.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Instructors / Organizers
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    Home: Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana, IL 61801
    Mail: PO Box 1054, Urbana, IL 61803-1054

    Tango Society Website with Community Calendar:
    http://www.centraltango.com/

    Join CentralTango, the e-mail list for announcements of tango activities in
    the Midwest:
    Send a blank message to:
    CentralTango-subscribe@yahoogroups.com