FREE Cajun Waltz (Bess-Bas) and 2-step (6-count) Workshop

From: jencart (jencart@MYCIDCO.COM)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 09:20:41 CST

    Hi Dancers,

    Please join us 8-9p on Tuesday, February 15th. I'm giving a FREE workshop on less-common patterns of the Cajun/Creole Waltz and 2-Step. We have a perfect space, Room 314 Illini Union.

    I will be teaching an old waltz pattern, the Bess-Bas, which combines 3 small "dip" steps followed by 5 walking steps, and the 6-Count 2-Step, sometimes called The Mammou. Both of these give a different feeling, as the steps fit the rhythm -- but not the phrase -- of the music. I'll also briefly review the standard Cajun waltz and 2-step.

    BTW, this will be great preparation for the The Redstick Ramblers dance on Thursday, March 3rd @ Channing Murray!! RSRs play Cajun - Gypsy - Swing music. Watch for flyers! There will be a 7- 8p workshop preceding this dance, which will focus on the standard patterns of the Cajun waltz and 2-step. If there's interest, I'll review the Bess-Bas and 6-count 2-step as well.

    No partner, experience, special attire/footwear, or registration is required for any of the above. All ages are welcome. Free parking is available in U of I lots and parking garages. If you park on the street, remember to feed the meter.

    Questions? E-me @ <jencart@mycidco.com> or phone 352-2803.

    Thanks,
    Jenifer C.