REMINDER: Sat Aug 28 - Milonga + Intro Tango Lesson at Phillips Center

From: Ron & Susana Weigel (TangoSociety@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 16:30:37 CDT

    REMINDER: Milonga at Phillips Center this Saturday.

    Additional comments on original message inserted below:
    The next milonga hosted by the Tango Society of Central Illinois will be
    Saturday August 28 from 9-12 PM at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W
    Stoughton, Urbana. The cost is $5.

    The music program will consist entirely of music recorded after the Golden
    Age of Tango (i.e., after 1955) and thus will be all high fidelty. The
    program
    will be evolutionary, starting with post-Golden Age interpretations of La
    Guardia Veija and Golden Age music, followed by a journey through
    evolutionary
    trends of tango music through the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. All of the music
    will be
    tango (& milonga & vals) and will be easy to dance to.

    I've done this several times before (it's almost a ritual), and I think each
    one is better than the one before.

    Prior to the milonga, there will be an introductory tango lesson given by Ron
    and Susana. This lesson will present a new approach to learning tango for
    beginners, based on musicality. Tell you tango ready friends about this
    lesson.

    This lesson could even be beneficial for experienced dancers lokking for a
    better handle on tango musicality. The lesson could just as well be called "An
    Introduction to Tango Musicality"

    We look forward to seeing you Saturday.
    Come and see old friends who have been gone for the summer.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Instructors / Organizers
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    Home: Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana, IL 61801
    Mail: PO Box 1054, Urbana, IL 61803-1054

    Tango Society Website with Community Calendar:
    http://www.centraltango.com/

    Join CentralTango, the Tango Society News Group with Local + Midwest Regional
    coverage:
    Send a blank message to:
    CentralTango-subscribe@yahoogroups.com