this week in tango, summary

From: joe grohens (joe@WOLFRAM.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 02:01:54 CST

Dear dancers,

There are so many tango activities this week I thought the refrigerator
might want a cheat sheet.

Hey, we should name this C-U Tango Week. Years from now the tango poet may
sing "great was it in that dawn to be alive...." That's been used already?
:-) Oh well.

Come on out, whether you're into tango, or just curious. It's a great time
to check it out.

Joe

________________________________
Thursday, Mar 1

7:30 pm
Tango Practica at 388 Lincoln Hall (free)

-

9-10 pm
Milonga Tango hour at The HighDive (new monthly event, followed by salsa
dancing)
(51 Main St., Champaign)
Lesson by Joe and Carlota at 8:30
$3.00

________________________________
Friday, Mar 2

11:00-11:30 pm
Tango half hour at The Regent Ballroom, followed by salsa ($3.50)

________________________________
Saturday, Mar 3

Tango Fundraiser
Phillips Recreation Center, Urbana
6 pm reception, 7:30 pm show, 8:30-midnight public dance
Details: http://www.prairienet.org/white-street/UrbanaTangoFundraiser.html

Sunday, Mar 4

Tango workshops with Maria Castello and Jacques St. Cyr
Phillips Recreation Center, Urbana
1-6 pm
Details: http://www.prairienet.org/white-street/workshops4mar.html

-
And, if you've still got feet...

Practica at White Street Arts Center, 304 1/2 E. White St., Champaign
7:30-9:30pm ($3.00)