Indy Swing Dance Club Fall Revival

From: beaverson sheena k (sbeavers@staff.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 09:56:54 CDT

Hello everyone,

The Indianaplois Swing Dance Club will be holding a
big dance event on Sunday, October 29th from 1:00 to
6:00pm EST at the Rawhide Dance Club in Indianapolis, IN.

1:00 - 2:00 Dance Lesson (WCS Basics for beginners and
                           WCS Styling and Syncopations for intermediates)
2:00 - 2:30 open Dancing
2:30 - 2:45 Halloween Costume Parade (cash prizes)
2:45 - 3:13 Open Dancing
3:15 - 3:30 Exhibitions, Costume winners announced
3:30 - 4:00 Open Dancing
4:00 - 4:15 Dance Exhibitions
4:15 - 6:00 Open Dancing

Prices:
$10 for members or sister Swing Dance Club members (like Chicago Rebels).
$12 for non-members

The Indy Swing Dance Club is a community where you can enjoy West Coast
Swing with a sprinkling of ECS, Hustle, Cha cha, Night Club 2-step, Shag,
Latin, and other exciting dances. Doors open a half hour before start
time. Open to all ages and levels of dancers, no partner required. Call
Diana at (317) 916-5808 to reserve a table for your group.

As an aside, dance lessons will be taught by Don and Jean K.
(intermediate) and Cary P. (beginner). All wonderful dancers with years
of dance and teaching experience. They've been working hard to revive the
Indy dance scene in that past year. The kick-off event from this club
drew in 200 midwest dancers. They're hoping to double that number for
this event. I have a couple extra brochures for this event, which
includes directions to the Rawhide. Let me know if I can send the DI a
copy via campus mail. I reccomend this event for anyone curious about the
midwest swing community that is reluctant to make the late night trek to
Chicago Rebels events. The Indy club holds two monthly dances on Sundays.
(the Chicago Rebels hold two monthy dances near O'hare in Fridays).

Sheena Beaverson