SOC: For the first time, I'll dance in Paris!

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 15:30:25 CDT

During my stay in Paris for the first time, Michele, who came to
Paris to assist me, became my real best friend, despite being married to
Faycal. And soon she and I will be dancing in Paris! For real!

The most exciting part was on July 17 (Monday), when I taught her almost
everything I learned in salsa, merengue, cha-cha-cha, and even a little
samba, in 1 hour and 20 minutes. I had to start from scratch--I had to
do the man's part and lady's part, start with beginning up to intermediate
and a few advanced moves, and all that. I taught her while I was staying
at a dormitory at the Cite Universitaire, called the Colegio d'Espagne.

We plan to go to a Parisian salsa club on July 18 on Montparnasse
Boulevard on July 18, called La Bricole. We found out that several of the
other Parisian salsa clubs, including La Copa Cafe near the Moulin Rouge,
and l'Evasion (where they had after work salsa parties on Tuesdays) had
shut down for the summer.

Sadly, the web page Salsaweb.com did not update the shutdowns in time.

Stay tuned when I will tell about my real-life club salsa experience in
'The City of Light'.

Charles Joseph Smith
cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu
(217)332-2425