Anothe Marvelous Milonga

From: TangoLeon@AOL.COM
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 09:06:03 CDT

Hola tangueros!

We'd like to thank all the tangueros who came to the milonga at the Phillips
Center on Saturday despite the end-of-the-semester madness. Our community is
demonstrating real stability in our involvement with tango. I'm seeing the
same faces returning month after month, as well as a healthy influx of
newcomers.

Before the dance we had a fantastic workhop in milonga taught by Tom and
Nancy Ronquillo from Bloomington. It is apparent that everyone was getting
very good at dancing this wonderful lively variant of tango. Tom and Nancy,
we thank you for your continued contribution to our tango enjoyment in C-U.

Once again we had the pleasure of dancing and listening to the live music of
the Guerilla Parlour Ensemble. We definitely have a treasure in our community
having a band that can play tango music. The excitement of tango is
definitely enhanced by the live performance of the GPE. Thank you so much
again for your contribution.

A view of the dance floor on Saturday revealed that our young tango
communnity is maturing very well. There was a nice smooth movement around the
dance floor like we've never experienced before. The connection between
partners was solid and communication between leader and follower was clear.
All that practice has been paying off!!

Our next milonga is on Saturday June 10. We will also have a milonga on
Saturday July 8, but we will take a break in August. Remember, our usual
milonga date is on the second Saturday of the month. If you're not in town
this summer, we hope you can find some place else to dance tango. You can
always come back to town to dance tango on the dates we've mentioned.

See you soon.

Leonardo
El Leon del Tango
TangoLeon@aol.com