No ballroom shoe brush? Try a metal nail file...

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 03:26:46 CDT

Suppose you are ballroom or salsa dancing, and you lost your ballroom shoe
brush for your ballroom shoes...

This happened to me yesterday.

I was salsa dancing at Mabel's, and realized that my ballroom shoes got
less slick and less slick, making my turns less effective. I knew that
it was dirt build-up that turned my ballroom shoes into something like
gym shoes. I felt more grip and it made turning for me even harder. I
lost my brush and didn't have it for 11 months--that's why.

What did I do? I used a metal nail file on my fingernail clipper--the
sharp end of it--and scraped it on the parts of my shoes that had
collected too much dirt build-up. Knowing that the bristles of a shoe
brush were sharp, I had to scrape it almost all over my soles--front and
back, using almost a back-and-forth' motion. And guess what happened? I
felt about 50% less stickiness when I
did the turns as I danced again on the dance floor. Not a complete cure,
but it helps! You know the adage--"Where there is a will--there is a way."

Charles Joseph Smith
cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu
(217)332-2425