postdoctoral position in molecular modeling

From: Ivaylo Nikolaev Ivanov (iivanov_at_gsu.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2022 - 10:54:21 CDT

Dear colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well!

I have an open postdoctoral position in my group. The project is in molecular modeling of protein-nucleic acid assemblies. Details regarding the position and how to apply are included below.
Please share the information with suitable applicants or Ph.D. students nearing graduation. An ideal candidate will be someone with expertise in molecular dynamics, advanced simulation/analysis techniques and some experience with coding and scripting.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best wishes,
Ivaylo

Dr. Ivaylo Ivanov
Professor, Georgia State University
P.O. Box 3965, Atlanta, Georgia 30302
Phone: (404) 413-5529
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ivanov-group.org/__;!!DZ3fjg!txWsikswAOM6r3OqlyIEp09Jrf2Oo4TUK0vfNdkV_mS04kkf74-hgQmKRyMmMW_tBQ$

PS I am also looking for motivated Ph.D. students to join my group. Interested candidates are welcome to contact me directly by email and explore the GSU chemistry graduate program at https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://chemistry.gsu.edu/graduate__;!!DZ3fjg!txWsikswAOM6r3OqlyIEp09Jrf2Oo4TUK0vfNdkV_mS04kkf74-hgQmKRyMiIoMGKg$ .

-------------
A postdoctoral position in molecular modeling/computational biophysics
A postdoctoral position is available in the chemistry department at Georgia State University in Atlanta, GA, USA. The position will focus on building structural models of protein complexes involved in gene expression and investigating their dynamics by large-scale molecular dynamics simulations. The work involves application of advanced modeling techniques to incorporate experimental data, specifically from cryo-electron microscopy, into models of biological assemblies. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art molecular modeling methods and collaborate with leading experimental groups. Significant supercomputing resources will be made available. For an additional perspective on this research, candidates are encouraged to visit our group website (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ivanov-group.org__;!!DZ3fjg!txWsikswAOM6r3OqlyIEp09Jrf2Oo4TUK0vfNdkV_mS04kkf74-hgQmKRyMJ_1jJMw$ ). The position is supported by federal funding from the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation.
Required qualifications:

  * PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, computational biology or a related discipline
  * A strong background (and publication record) in molecular modeling, structural bioinformatics and data analysis
  * Coding and scripting experience (e.g. Python or C/C++)
Desired qualifications:

  * Familiarity with molecular modeling and visualization packages (e.g. NAMD, AMBER, Rosetta, PyEmma, UCSF Chimera), good analytical and communication skills
  * Ability to work independently
  *
To be considered, please send a cover letter with a summary of research experience and a CV with a full list of publications together with names and contact details of three references to Prof. Ivaylo Ivanov (iivanov_at_gsu.edu). After initial screening of applications, letters of reference will be requested on behalf of competitive candidates.
Initial appointment is for one year, renewable upon mutual agreement. Georgia State University is located in Atlanta - a multicultural city and one of the major metropolitan areas in the USA.
Contact:
Prof. Ivaylo Ivanov
Department of Chemistry, Georgia State University
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ivanov-group.org/__;!!DZ3fjg!txWsikswAOM6r3OqlyIEp09Jrf2Oo4TUK0vfNdkV_mS04kkf74-hgQmKRyMmMW_tBQ$
E-mail: iivanov_at_gsu.edu