Colvar vs. SMD

From: Seibold, Steve Allan (stevesei_at_ku.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2022 - 08:21:47 CDT

Hello
I am pulling a peptide from metallic surface using NAMD. I am comparing the process using SMD and Colvars. I have found that I have to use a substantially higher (over 10 times) force constant with Colvars than I do using SMD to remove the peptide from the surface.
My concern is that I am doing something incorrect in setting up my Colvars script shown below. I would appreciate any insights..
Thanks, Steve

colvar {
   name Translocation

   width 1.0