Re: namd3

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2022 - 09:46:01 CST

I believe you can, if you have the CUDASOA code turned off. But it
wouldn't be a good idea, because the NAMD 3 branch was forked from NAMD 2.x
before NAMD 2.14 was released: so 2.14 contains a more recent version of
Colvars than 3.0 alpha. At this time, NAMD version numbers do not always
indicate a monotonic increase.

In general, for a CPU based run or a CPU+GPU *hybrid* run, you're better
off with NAMD 2.14. Use 3.0 when you want to keep everything on the GPU
for maximum speed.

Giacomo