Re: Calculating 2D PMF from 1D eABF simulations using CZAR estimator.

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Wed Nov 11 2020 - 13:53:36 CST

Hello Abhishek,

you're almost there, but it's simpler than you think. If you can collect the joint histogram P(z1, z2), biased along z1, then you can obtain the 2d PMF by reweighting using the 1d CZAR PMF:
A(z1, z2) = -kT ln( P(z1, z2) / P(z1) ) + A_CZAR(z1)

where P(z1) is the observed (biased) histogram in z1 (aka the z1 marginal of the 2d histogram).

Best,
Jerome