Re: Output of harmonic restrains effect in alchemical route of protein-ligand binding free energy calculation

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2020 - 16:48:19 CDT

Hi Faisal, that's fair: I added a very simple note to the Colvars
documentation, you should be seeing it in the web link that I already sent:
https://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html#sec:colvarbias_force_k_ti

For future reference, when you over a NAMD tutorial that uses a lot of
Colvars features you are generally better off also looking the keywords up
in the Colvars manual:
https://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html
https://colvars.github.io/pdf/colvars-refman-namd.pdf
Several of the tutorials from the NAMD website are useful for a first
exposure to a given topic, but they are also quite sloppy when it comes to
pointing the reader to the correct documentation. You often need to look
things up on your own to get complete information (which in this case, was
also made more complete thanks to your feedback).

Giacomo