Re: Asymmetric concentration gradient: non-periodic z-boundary for only ions

From: Gumbart, JC (gumbart_at_physics.gatech.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 15 2020 - 20:23:12 CDT

Hi Nagendra,

The ions spreading out is just a visualization artifact of them no longer being wrapped. The problem, I think, is in your tcl bc script. Try using "wrapmode cell”.

We did something similar to what you want to do in this paper: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24081985/ I attach example tclBC inputs for comparison with yours.

Best,
JC