Re: When to use a semicolon in a *.conf file?

From: Josh Vermaas (joshua.vermaas_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 30 2020 - 07:50:12 CDT

Hi Oscar,

For most lines, semicolons are not required, since Tcl isn't C. The two
exceptions that come up frequently are:
1. You want to put two Tcl commands on one line.
2. You want to put a comment after your command
What a semicolon means is that the line ends, which means that a semicolon
won't ever hurt at the end of the line, and there are instances where they
are required so the parser doesn't get confused.

-Josh