Re: Error: Number of NGauss expected in AddNewGTOs

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 28 2020 - 12:06:01 CDT

Hi Mariano
the QM-MM (NAMD-ORCA) is running well with commands passed from NAMD to ORCA

qmConfigLine "! B3LYP D3BJ SVP RIJCOSX enGrad Opt SlowConv"
> qmConfigLine "%%basis NewGTO I \"old-ZORA-TZVP\" end end"
> qmConfigLine "%%maxcore 2500"
> qmConfigLine "%%pal nproc 34 end"
> qmConfigLine "%%output Printlevel Mini Print\[ P_Mulliken \] 1
> Print\[P_AtCharges_M\] 1 end"
> qmConfigLine "%%scf SOSCFStart 0.00033 end" # Default value of orbital
> gradient is 0.0033

However, to my great surprise, the C-I bond length has increased from the
initial 2A (NAMD MD) to 2.5A, and now to 3A with QMMM. Do you have any idea
why ORCA is computing the C-I so much wrongly? That part of the structure
is an iodopyrrole, i.e., the I-atom is at at an sp2 C in a five-membered
ring.

Thanks for advice
francesco