Re: Homologous structure as stating flexible fitting model

From: Miro Astore (miro.astore_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2019 - 01:27:56 CST

Hi,

What are you trying to do exactly? Are you trying to constrain a different
one protein to keep the same tertiary structure as your homologous model?

If so you should be able to use a collective variable. If you're trying to
use MDFF, I don't have experience here sorry but I'm sure someone will.

As regards to your sequence question. You will not need to change the
sequence, you will have to choose which section of the longer protein
corresponds with the shorter one and then you simply NAMD to use the CAs as
your reference for your collective variable.

We'll need a bit more detail though.

Best, Miro