Re: vmd-l: query on how to allow the protein to interact with the water molecules

From: Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2019 - 09:01:51 CDT

Dear Santosh,

This thread should be in the namd-l, and not vmd-l. I am moving the conversation to the namd-l, and I would ask you to keep the namd-l in your answers, but not vmd-l.

What you are looking for is to add a harmonic restraint to your protein https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.9/ug/node27.html. Please take a look at the “constraints” section of the link that I sent.

There is also some explanation in a previous namd-l thread - https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2009-2010/0751.html and here https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2003-2004/0136.html

Best,

João