Re: Colvars Orientation Question

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2019 - 13:28:16 CDT

Hi Xander, it looks like the initial conditions are not near the energy
minimum of the restraint, making the force exceedingly large.

One option may be to initializing the restraint centers near the initial
conditions, and then move them to the value that you need. Alternatively,
you can keep the restraint centers as they are, but change the force
constant over time. For example, starting at 1/1000 of the force constant
that you have now, and gradually switch it up (using targetForceConstant).

Giacomo