Postdoc Position at Penn in Chromosome Modeling

From: Hemant Kumar (hemantk_at_seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2019 - 13:41:25 CDT

Hi Everyone,

A postdoctoral position with a primary focus on the genome organization is
available immediately in the Shenoy Research Group at the University of
Pennsylvania. We are looking for a strongly motivated candidate to work on
an NIH supported project on the impact of nuclear deformations on chromatin
organization and gene transcription using molecular dynamics simulations
and bioinformatics.

The ideal candidate will have expertise in molecular dynamics/Monte Carlo
simulations and the ability to implement new algorithms. A background in
polymer physics and analyzing bioinformatics data will be considered as an
advantage. This individual will have the opportunity to be directly
involved in complimentary experimental investigations in the medical school
at UPenn and our collaborators elsewhere.

Candidates should send their CV with names of three references to Prof.
Vivek Shenoy ( vshenoy [AT] seas.upenn.edu )