Re: "the error of movement of atoms"

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2019 - 16:17:57 CST

I would recommend against lots of minimization. For a well prepared
structure 200 - 1000 cycles should be more than enough (I've never done
more than 200 in all of my years using NAMD). A large number of steps can
cause trouble with periodic boundaries (something with the patch updates?).
You can also try increasing margin (5 usually works for me) during the
initial constant pressure equilibration and then set it back to the default
(overall performance might be bad otherwise).