Re: About restarting QM-MM simulation

From: Marcelo C. R. Melo (melomcr_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2019 - 12:31:57 CST

Hi,
NAMD does not control ORCA in terms of pausing and resuming an SCF
calculation, so there is nothing in NAMD's config or restart file that
would inform ORCA of where it sopped, and how should it resume.
NAMD QM/MM can only be paused/resumed between MD steps, which is were you
will have "restart" files written. (In your case, given your "restartfreq",
every 100 MD steps). For QM/MM simulations to be properly managed by NAMD,
your QM calculation needs to "fit" inside MD steps.
Best,
Marcelo

---
Marcelo Cardoso dos Reis Melo, PhD