RE: pre compiled charmm-6.8.2 for namd2.13 nightly version compilation for multiple GPU node simulations

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2019 - 11:42:29 CST

Hi Aravinda,

Any particular reason you want to use the intel compilers? Since your goal is to use CUDA anyway, and the integration between the CUDA toolkit and the intel compilers tends to be hit or miss depending on the machine, I'd try the GNU compilers first (just drop the icc from the build line). If you can get that working, then you can spend a bit more time debugging exactly what your error messages mean. It could just be as simple as using iccstatic instead of icc, so that the libraries are bundled into the executable at compile time, which would solve your LD_LIBRARY_PATH issues.

-Josh