constraint-force constant

From: Rui Chen (rchen6_at_ualberta.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2019 - 21:28:06 CDT

Hello,
I am learning about how to constrain atoms. I have the following questions:

1. I have no idea how to select the force constant, should I just set the
beta value of only the backbone atoms (heavy atoms) to 1, leave the
constraintScaling as default (1.0)?

2. One tutorial says, using x coordinate as the force constant will make
the atom stay in the plane. It seems like using X or beta column as the
force constant are different, which one do you suggest me to use?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Rui Chen