Re: Acceptable Timescale fro NAMD

From: Oscar Bastidas (obastida_at_umn.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2019 - 13:49:34 CDT

For rhis particular question, I am not looking at a particular system with
specific parameters (i.e. number of atoms). I just want to guage
what the limitations are for namd, generally speaking. Obviously, nothing
below femtoseconds will do on account of the integrator time step. By a
similar guage, is there a cut-off for when NAMD alone (without advanced
tricks like enhanced sampling) ceases to provide information on protein
behavior. If hundreds of nanoseconds is a reasonable max that's been
used/published then that answers my question for that upper limit. Thanks.

Oscar

Oscar Bastidas, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
University of Minnesota