Re: reg: quenching NAMD trajectory

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2019 - 16:37:56 CDT

Hi Lara,

If I understand correctly, you want to post-process an existing DCD by
minimizing and then outputting the new coordinates as a DCD. I'm not sure
this is possible, but I can get you partly there using the coorfile and
output commands (which are documented, but not in great detail):

## normal system set up
coorfile open dcd <dcdfilename>
set nframes -1
while {![coorfile read]) {
    incr nframes
    minimize <number of steps>
    output <basename w/label dependent on $nframes>
}
coorfile close

output generates a set of .coor, .vel, and .xsc files with the basename as
the argument. That's a lot messier than a DCD both in terms of the number
of files and the extra data for velocities, but it's not so bad with good
bookkeeping. You can also delete unwanted files on-the-fly in the script.

HTH,
BKR