Re: About changing charge/multiplicity during QM-MM

From: Gerard Rowe (GerardR_at_usca.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2019 - 08:06:52 CDT

Hi Francesco,

Yes, it is definitely possible. After converging to the BS solution, your NAMD input should specify the multiplicity of the BS state. As far as I'm aware, there is no explicit information in the GBW file that indicates the spin state for Orca to read in, so you always need to let it know what you want. One other note, you should make sure you specify UKS in your input line. Orca will default to a restricted (i.e., not an open-shell BS singlet) wavefunction if it sees a singlet value in the muliplicity line.

-Gerard