COMmotion -- is it a good practice to turn it on for a restart?

From: Homeo Morphism (homeo.morphizm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2019 - 16:30:02 CDT

COMmotion is by default set to no or off. Which, from what I gather,
results in initial velocities being re-scaled to make COM appear stationary
before every restart. This probably makes sense if your restart is a start
of a new production run from an equilibration phase. But what if I restart
to continue a production trajectory? Wouldn't I want the system to preserve
the overall direction it had at the very end of the previous step? In other
words, should I turn COMmotion on?

Thanks,
Oleg