RE: Question about colvars

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2019 - 19:19:56 CST

Hi Faramarz,

Yes. The default in colvars is to just report the values for the colvars you've defined to a .traj file. Only if your definitions include a bias, such as adding a wall inside the colvar or a harmonic potential applied outside it are forces and energies computed that are fed back into NAMD. One way to confirm this is to check the MISC entry in the log file, since that is where colvars energies end up.

-Josh