NAMD 2.13 and RTX2080Ti

From: Battocchio, Giovanni (g.battocchio_at_tu-berlin.de)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2018 - 06:52:57 CST

Hi all,

I tested the new GPU RTX2080TI with the latest NAMD 2.13.

I noticed that the performance are quite low, comparable with an old GTX1080.

I did test different settings, with more or less CPUs, on different motherboards, processors etc and still the performance were quite disappointing.

Based on the test reported for Amber 18, the RTX2080TI should be almost 3x faster than the GTX1080, which is reasonable having much more CUDA cores and memory.

Is this a lack of compatibility with NAMD or else? Did anyone else noticed similar performance?

Thank you

Best regards

Giovanni