Re: creating topology for a unique structure

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2018 - 10:49:48 CST

Soroush,

We really need more information than your are providing. Based on what you
have sent already, you need to spend more time with the tutorial material.
Simple re-posting the same question phrased differently will not lead to a
solution for your problem.

Some particular answers to your questions:

Atom groups are no longer used for any specific purpose. CGenFF generally
uses them to designate integer charge units, but this is just bookkeeping.
A single molecule is thus most often considered as one group - note that
this has nothing to do with alchemical transformations.

Unless you are doing an absolute solvation/binding energy calculation, you
will not be able to use the CGenFF generated topology directly for
alchemical calculations. You will have to either create a new hybrid
topology by hand or else create a patch that amends an existing topology to
include your other endpoint molecule (or else the modifications that define
it). Examples for how to do this should be in the tutorial.