Re: detecting vanishing atoms in zero.fep

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2018 - 09:06:15 CDT

Please continue all conversations on namd-l. These messages are archived so
that they can be searched in the future.

How you assign groups is entirely dependent on: 1) what relative free
energy you wish to compute and 2) how you choose to construct your
topology. There is no single correct answer to this problem.

What specifically do you want to know about this 3-ring structure? I'd
suggest writing out a thermodynamic cycle (or multiple!) and then choosing
endpoints that can be reasonably simulated. You can then assign alchemical
groups to match these endpoints at lambda = 0/1.

BKR