Re: Sudden /\A drop in last FEP window

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2018 - 04:39:12 CDT

The end points are traditionally difficult to sample, but soft-core
potentials effectively displace this sampling problem from the end-points
towards the core of the lambda interval, allowing for more balanced
sampling. So it is not particularly surprising that you see a slower
convergence at a different lambda value, and that is all the more likely
that your soft-core shift is high.

Jerome

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 06:44, Francesco Pietra <chiendarret_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Continuing the convergence check through forwd+back FEPs, I also obtained
> a "probability" for the 0.0-0.2 sector nearly as good as for the 0.8-1.0
> sector.
>
> Surprisingly, the "probability" for the 0.2-0.4 sector (forwd and back
> carried out with the same settings as for the other two sectors above, in
> particular with alchVdWShiftCoeff = 6.0) was bad, with separate gaussian
> throughout. I said 'surprisingly' as all suggestions are received, and
> guidelines I was able to find, remark the 0.0-0.2 sector as the most
> critical one. Really, contrary to such suggestions, in my case /\A
> increases by 18 for the 0.0-0.2 sector, and by 39 for the 0.2-0.4 sector.
>
> I would appreciate very much advice on this matter. Thanks
>
> francesco

>>> 0.9100/-13.8066
>>> 0.9200/-15.0984
>>> 0.9300/-16.4011