Re: QM/MM MD and the qmParamPDB file

From: Marcelo C. R. Melo (melomcr_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2018 - 22:43:27 CDT

Dear Agisilaos

Internally, NAMD distributes atoms (both QM and MM) in "patches" that can
change order and exchange atoms, so the order in which atoms are processed
can change from step to step, without causing any problems. However, for
people doing advanced processing of QM results, this could be an issue, so
we changed this behavior to make sure that every QM input file (MOPAC, ORCA
or using a custom script) would be the same throughout the simulation, and
across simulations. This is implemented in the nightly build of NAMD. Is it
possible you are using the version 2.12 of NAMD, or earlier?

Best,
Marcelo

---
Marcelo Cardoso dos Reis Melo