Re: merging abf trajectories with different number of colvars

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2018 - 07:22:34 CDT

Hi Olga,

The only thing ABF/colvars does is merge data for the same set of
variables. If you ran ABF in 1d in one case, and 2d in the other case, you
cannot merge them into a 2d PMF by any simple method. What you can do is
"marginalize" the 2d dataset to obtain a 1d pmf that can be merged with the
other one, but that would have to be done manually. Essentially that means
integrating "conditional PMFs" over one variable, then using that as
weights to compute the free energy gadient in the other direction as a
conditional average.

Best,
Jerome