Re: Periodic cell basis too small for GridForce

From: Ryan McGreevy (ryanmcgreevy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 28 2018 - 11:42:01 CDT

This usually happens because the size of the box of the density is much
larger than the system, and really just the empty space of the map is
outside the periodic cell, which is not actually a problem. You can avoid
this by trimming or cropping the map using the `volutil` plugin of VMD. You
can also turn the check off as the error suggests, setting either
`gridforcechecksize
off` in your config file (if using `gridforces` in your namd config )
or `mgridforcechecksize
0 off` (if using `mgridforces`).