Re: Get NAMD version from the tcl script interface

From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2018 - 10:06:48 CDT

Hi,

since you have the full power of TCL, I guess you could hack it by saving
the output of the command

`namd --version | grep Info: | head -1 | cut -d ' ' -f 3`

to a tcl variable. I guess exec
<https://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/Tcl26.html> could be used. Or
maybe save the namd version to a shell variable before running namd and
retrieving it in the script.

Best,
Ajasja