Re: Hamiltonian Replica Exchange MD in NAMD

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2018 - 16:14:04 CST

Hi Youngwoo,

See "A Tutorial on One-dimensional Replica-exchange Umbrella Sampling"
under http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/. There are about a
half-dozen different ways to call exchanging your applied bias
(including Hamiltonian Replica Exchange), but Replica Exchange Umbrella
Sampling is the oldest terminology. Unfortunately, the tutorial is in
some ways a bit dated (compiling VMD isn't strictly speaking needed
anymore since at least 2.11 I think), however the scripts themselves are
the backbone for most of the REUS work done in NAMD.

-Josh