Re: question regarding rmsd

From: Dhiraj Srivastava (dhirajks_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2016 - 14:02:32 CDT

Thank you Everyone.
The simulation was started from crystal structure obtained by
cocrystallizing with ligand. I don't see any significant difference in apo
vs ligand bound form but ligand is an inhibitor. I think for unstable
RMSD, I can blame a small flexible domain. After removing the flexible
domain from RMSD calculation, I got stable RMSD very similar to apo
protein. However its still took long time to equilibrate. the sudden change
in rmsd at around 30 ns is still there. can I use data after 40 ns for the
analysis? is it acceptable to have such a long equilibration time? I am
primarily a crystallographer and I don't have much experience in publishing
articles with MD simulation data. So I don't know what's acceptable in the
community? I am doing simulation to find out if allosteric behaviour of
ligand is due to change in dynamics. I would like to compare it with B
factor change in crystal structure.

Thanks
Dhiraj

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Pardis Tabaee <pardis.tabaee.d_at_hotmail.co.uk

rmsd.png