Re: NAMD Question: Generating ensemble of structures

From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2016 - 08:44:10 CDT

Is the default behavior for DCDFreq > 0 not enough? A DCD trajectory
file is effectively a concatenation of PDB files (but with superior
precision), so long as you first load a PSF with the appropriate atom info.

Alternatively, if you insist on separate files, you can use the options:

restartSave yes
restartFreq <integer for steps between file writing>
restartName <basename for different files>

One way in which this is all /not/ what you want is that regularly
spaced structures will generally not be unique - some of them are
assuredly going to be very similar and thus not look like an NMR
ensemble (since you will have repeats). Presumably you could run a
clustering algorithm on the DCD trajectory and then extract
representative structures, but this is not currently a feature in NAMD.

HTH,

Brian

--
Brian Radak