Re: how to rerun a namd trajectory in order to complement the missing snapshots?

From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2016 - 07:54:54 CDT

Multprocess runs are generally impossible to reproduce due to randomness
in the order of operations. Even a 216 water box on my workstation comes
out slightly differently each time when threading Newtonian dynamics on
4 cores. This is doubly a problem for stochastic methods like Langevin
dynamics.

Your best bet is probably to re-seed trajectories from conditions that
might produce a transition. I believe techniques like this have been
used for constructing Markov state models, but I'm not an expert. Maybe
search the literature?

HTH,

Brian

--