Re: Autocorrelation function of Rg goes down without fluctuation around zero

From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2016 - 11:00:16 CDT

I've not used either of "measure rgyr" or "g_analyze", so I can only
assume they are correctly implemented.

I have pretty significant reservations about including your
equilibration components in the calculation. It's also not common to use
pressure control for these kinds of calculations, but I don't have a
specific reason as to why that's bad other than that it changes the
physical meaning of the result (I don't know what you want C(t) for, I
assume this is not a problem).

My guess is that you just have very poor statistics due to a long
characteristic time. This is not unexpected for a (presumably large)
system like a dendrimer.

Cheers,

Brian