Re: PME vs. cutoff with switching function

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_physics.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2016 - 00:33:36 CDT

Without directly addressing your question, I would point out that CHARMM36, at least, was parametrized and validated using PME: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3549273/ <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3549273/>

So not including it will introduce other artifacts, which may or may not be larger than the ones you are potentially worried about.

Best,
JC