Re: rotation angle

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 20 2016 - 13:51:43 CDT

Hi Giulia, rotation decomposition is currently implemented by a spinAngle
colvar component. To test it in VMD, feel free to use the following Tcl
script to visualize the total rotation axis and angle, and compare them to
the angles of sub-rotations:
https://github.com/colvars/colvars/blob/master/colvartools/colvar_display.tcl

The display commands won't work in NAMD, of course.

Also, you may want to try an alpha version of VMD because 1.9.2 does not
let you define variables using more than one configuration files due to a
bug, which was later fixed.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin