Re: Fwd: TIP4P and CHARMM27

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 02 2015 - 11:47:58 CST

Continuing with namd2.11b1, which enforces rigid bonds on minimization, I
noticed a drastic behavior, as follows.

Solvating with standard TIP3P, with two of "myion" ( a special model of
ion) at the active site of my protein, "minimize", at ts=0.1fs, expelled
one of the ions out of the protein. Imposing colvars, the distance between
the two increased by 30% from 3.2 to 4.0.

In contrast, by using "run" in place of "minimize", i.e., carrying out MD
directly, without colvars (while starting with ts=0.01fs and increasing it
stepwise, the distance between the two ions was maintained.

I did not try "minimize" with namd2.10 in this case.

francesco pietra