NAMD2.11 source code not compiling

From: Madhulika Gupta (gmadhulika1909_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 18 2015 - 02:47:38 CST

Dear All,
I am trying to compile NAMD2.11 Source code on the central computing
facility at our institute and I get the error as listed below. I have tried
compiling both MPI version and Infiniband version but both result in the
same error. The earlier versions worked just fine on the same machine.

./config Linux-x86_64-g++ --charm-arch mpi-linux-x86_64 --with-cuda
--cuda-prefix /home/soft/cuda-7.0/

Selected arch file arch/Linux-x86_64-g++.arch contains:

NAMD_ARCH = Linux-x86_64
CHARMARCH = multicore-linux64

CXX = g++ -m64 -std=c++0x -O3
CXXOPTS = -fexpensive-optimizations -ffast-math
CC = gcc -m64 -O3
COPTS = -fexpensive-optimizations -ffast-math

ERROR: CUDA builds require non-MPI SMP or multicore Charm++ arch for
reasonable performance.

Consider ibverbs-smp or verbs-smp (InfiniBand), gni-smp (Cray), or
multicore (single node).

I have also tried using namd binaries under the following

   - Linux-x86_64-multicore-CUDA
   <http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi?UserID=&AccessCode=&ArchiveID=1357>
   (NVIDIA CUDA acceleration)
   - Linux-x86_64-ibverbs-smp-CUDA
   <http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi?UserID=&AccessCode=&ArchiveID=1356>
   (NVIDIA CUDA with InfiniBand)

but they result in the following error:
Exclusions: detected 16049 expected 16709
FATAL ERROR: Incorrect number of exclusions detected

Please pay heed to the issue and please help me to resolve the same.

Regards
Madhulika
Research Scholar
Department of Chemistry