Re: NAMD Anisotropic pressure control

From: Mahdi Tavakol (mahditavakol_at_ymail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 18 2015 - 11:51:29 CDT

Dear Jerome
Thanks very much for the reply. I calculated the surface tension through the formula and converted the value to dyn/cm (as in the manual). However, Pxx and Pyy were converged to another pressure. I used these parameters:
useGroupPressure      no #  no hydrogens in CG hence set this to no inspite of 1 fs stepuseFlexibleCell       yes useConstantArea       no useConstantRatio      yes
langevinPiston        yes
langevinPistonTarget  -150   #  in bar -> 1 atmlangevinPistonPeriod  200.  #usually 2000 langevinPistonDecay   100.  #usually 1000langevinPistonTemp    $temperatureSurfaceTensionTarget  119.2  #using the formula
Pzz was converged to -150, but Pxx and Pyy were converged to -300.
 Could you please explain me more about the formula?
Yours sincerelyMahdi