Looking for benchmarks on k80's

From: rswett_at_chem.wayne.edu
Date: Thu Aug 13 2015 - 10:40:45 CDT

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their benchmarks
for NAMD on nvidia tesla k80's. I'm trying to gauge whether or not i'm
seeing the speedup I should expect. Currently i'm running a 100k atom
simulation, giving it 8 proc's (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @
2.50GHz) and I'm having a hard time getting more than 16ns/day, which
seems surprisingly slow for as much firepower as it should have.
Twoawayxyz is set, and I've played with both the number of processors
I'm giving it, number of threads and number of GPU's. If anyone out
there has experience with k80's and a rough idea or comparable
benchmark, let me know.
Cheers,
RJ